Tutorial: How to setup an Ignite hotspot with a third-party hotspot management system (HotSpotSystem) [part 1 of 2]
- Navigate to http://www.hotspotsystem.com/.
- Sign up and create an account with your profile details.
- Select your business model. For this tutorial, we're choosing the "Free Voucher" plan.
- Enter in the information for your hotspot's physical location. On this step, you can also set important information for your account:
- default bandwidth throttling limits
- the theme for your login and splash pages
- your default language
- customer service contact settings
- Click through the different screens to set your hotspot's settings, create vouchers, manage users, design your splash screen, etc.
- Find your operator ID, location ID, and NAS ID so that they can be used later for your device-level settings. We will explain how to do this in the next three steps.
- To find your operator ID, navigate to Tools & Settings->Your Profile. Your operator id is the field next to the label, "Operator Login". In our case, it's ignitenet.
- To find your location ID, navigate to Manage->Locations. Your location id is in the first column of the table. In our case, the id is 1.
- Your NAS ID is a combination of operator ID and location ID: it is in the format of "<Operator ID>_<Location ID>". So in our case, it'd be ignitenet_1 since ignitenet is our Operator ID and 1 is our Location ID.
- Finally, you'll need to configure your device's hotspot settings. Depending on how you are operating your device, you will need to login to different locations. If you're not cloud-managing your IgniteNet device, login to your local device web UI. Otherwise, login to your IgniteNet cloud.
- Next, navigate to the hotspot settings page:
If you're on the local device UI, the hotspot settings page will be under Network->Hotspot Settings
If you're on the cloud, you will have two options: setup common hotspot settings for ALL devices, or individually configure each device. We're going to assume you choose the first option, and enable hotspot at the site-level. Navigate to the site that contains your device and select Configuration->Hotspot Settings from the site-level menu.
- Fill in the fields with the settings below:
Enable Hotspot Service: set to "On"
DNS 1: 18.104.22.168
RADIUS Server 1: radius.hotspotsystem.com
RADIUS Server 2: radius2.hotspotsystem.com
RADIUS Shared Secret: hotsys123
Local Name: (Insert your operator id here)
NAS ID: (Insert your nas id here)
Captive Portal URL: https://customer.hotspotsystem.com/customer/hotspotlogin.php
Captive Portal Secret: hotsys123
- Now you need to select which interfaces you want under the control of your hotspot services. To do this, navigate to the interface you want to hotspot control, and set its Network Behavior to "Hotspot Controlled". We will give an example in the next step.
- For example, if you're on the cloud and want to create a new Hotspot SSID, go to Configuration->Wireless Settings subpage.
- Create a new SSID, and set its name to "Cafe Free Wi-Fi".
- Set its Network behavior setting to "Hotspot Controlled":
NOTE: you can do this with any existing SSIDs or even wired ports!
You're done! Save and/or apply your settings to take affect. Your device will start broadcasting a new SSID called "Cafe Free Wi-fi", that will be managed by your Hotspot System account.